Fun little unique car for your HO Scale layout which is the UP #219761 ACF 2970 Covered Hopper HO Scale RTR by Athearn Trains.
- Round or trough hatches
- Photo-etched metal roof walk
- Separately applied wire grab irons and stirrup steps
- Separate brake cylinder, valve and air reservoir with wire brake plumbing
- Detailed outlets
- Multiple road numbers
- Fully-assembled and ready-to-run out of the box
- Accurately painted and printed
- Highly detailed, injection molded body
- Separately applied brake wheel
- Machined metal wheels
- Screw mounted trucks
- Body mounted McHenry operating scale knuckle couplers
- Weighted for trouble free operation
- Wheels with RP25 contours operate on all popular brands of track
- Window packaging for easy viewing plus interior plastic blister safely holds the model for convenient storage
- Minimum radius: 18"
The 2-bay covered hopper first entered service in the 1950s. The cars handle loads such as cement, sand and similar denser bulk commodities. In the 1960s, American Car and
Foundry introduced the Centerflow design. The Centerflow relies on the car's rounded body to provide structural strength without the added weight of bracing, as well as making gravity unloading easier. This 2-bay car came in a 2,970-cubic foot capacity.