Here we have the LionChief Plus remote locomotives which offer the most-desired features with the flexibility of conventional or simple radio control at a price that makes expanding your railroad easier. Rugged, powerful and feature-rich, our growing line of LionChief Plus Steam has the power you need to take your layout to the next level. One of EMD's most popular second-generation road switchers, the GP38 has been a common sight on railroads across North America since the late 1960s.
Used in switching, local and mainline freights, you'll have no trouble keeping these locomotives busy on your layout!
- User-selected operational modes: Conventional AC transformer control mode or LionChief™ wireless remote control with AC or DC power
- On/Off switches for sound, smoke and control mode (no smoke switch on Rectifiers)
- ElectroCouplers™ on front and rear (controlled by remote only)
- Rear coupler on FT AA sets are fixed
- RailSounds RC™ sound system with diesel revving and background sounds for the diesels, and electric engine roar for Rectifiers-horn, bell, and user-activated announcements
- Adjustable volume (controlled by remote only)
- Fan-driven smoke (except Rectifiers)
- Smoke output from every stack
- Dual maintenance-free motors
- Single maintenance-free motor on NW2
- Constant control for consistent speed at all ranges regardless of track condition or load
- Operating headlights with directional lighting
- Cab crew figures (except NW2)
- Lighted cab interior
- Frosted windows on NW2
- Die-cast metal trucks, pilot, and fuel tank
- Metal frame
- Traction tires
- Rectifier, GP20, NW2, RS-3, and GP7 14 3/4"
- FT AA Set 26" (13" each car)
- FT B Unit 13"
- Rail Line: Union Pacific
- Road Number: 905
- Gauge: O Gauge
- Scale Type: Traditional
- Engine Type: Diesel
- Min Curve: O31
- Dimensions: 10 1/2"
- Most Recent Catalog: 2016 Lionel Volume 2 Catalog