- Pumped-carburetor for greater reliability and ease of installation
- Reliable fuel system—easy to tune and efficient
- One-piece, torpedo-style muffler included
- Outstanding power and performance for demanding RC pilots
- Running gasoline lowers operating costs as much as 90%
- Standard 40- to 60-size beam mount allows for traditional mounting
- Lightweight design means better overall airplane performance
- Uses less than a 5% gas/oil mixture for less mess at the end of the day
- Ignition case is half the size of traditional ignition systems
- Accepts a wide range of ignition power options from 4.8–8.4V
- Exceptionally broad torque range supports propeller sizes from 11 x 7 up to 13 x 8
- Supplied with gas/petrol compatible fuel tubing and high-quality filters
More flying on less fuel with less fuss – that's what the Evolution 10GX is all about.
Since the first release of the Evolution® 10GX small-block engine, countless modelers have discovered the benefits of gas power in aircraft formerly dominated by the .46-size glow engines. Now that same great engine features a new pump-style carburetor that makes needle valve adjustment easier and allows fuel flow to be consistent regardless of fuel tank location.
For less than $200, the 10GX is a great choice for converting your favorite airplanes to efficient gas power. Standard beam mount dimensions and typical .46-size specification allow it to fit anywhere you might use a .46 to .61-size glow engine. It also means that overall weight is remarkably light, even with its included compact ignition, muffler and recommended 2S Li-Po ignition battery.
But what sets the 10GX apart from its nitro-fueled counterparts is its phenomenal fuel efficiency. It takes only 30% of the gas/petrol to run the 10GX the same amount of time it would to run a comparably sized glow engine. That's an amazing efficiency level that results in a cost per flight difference of 90% on average to you. Since you don't need the huge tank for glow-fuel anymore, finding room for the ignition and ignition battery is easy.
All of the Evolution brand gas engines are designed from the start to provide you with excellent performance at a fraction of your previous operating costs. We have painstakingly designed each engine to insure a hassle free experience without giving away anything in expected performance or durability.
Type: 2-stroke Airplane
Displacement: 0.59 cu. in. (9.7 cc)
Bore: 0.94 in (24mm)
Stroke: 0.85 in (21.5mm)
Total Weight: 22.7 oz (645 g)
Engine (Only) Weight: 15.4 oz (436 g)
Muffler Weight: 3.9 oz (111 g)
Crankshaft Threads: 1/4-28
Benchmark Prop: EVO 12 x 6 @ 11,100 rpm
Prop Range: 10×6 – 13×8
RPM Range: 2,300–18,000
Fuel: Gasoline 87-92 octane
Muffler Type: Expansion Chamber (included)
Cylinder Type: ABC
Carb Type: Evolution Pumped